Thursday, July 14, 2011

Joshua - The little light of mine

When I was pregnant, I enjoyed listening to songs or classical instrument. I would play it quite loud so the baby inside my tummy could hear it, too. I searched for Sunday School Songs through youtube and found many. Mostly, I have learned that songs while I was in Sunday School, but some of them were new for me.

Sunday School songs are easy to listen, easy to sing, also easy to remember.
The songs use simple words but able to describe the meaning clearly. That's what I love.

One of the new songs I learnt and played many times for Joshua is the song titled "The Little Light of Mine". You have to see the lyrics and you will agree with me that the lyrics have a great meaning. Even when I am writing this post, my heart beats so hard while I am thinking about the meaning.

Even I only have a little light, I will not hide it. I will protect it and let it shine till He comes again.
Everytime I play the video for Joshua, I do hope he writes it down in his heart.

The Little Light of Mine
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine )3x
Let it shine 3x
Hide it under a bushel? No! I'm gonna let it shine )3x
Let it shine 3x
Don't let Satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine )3x
Let it shine 3x
Let it shine til Jesus comes, I'm gonna let it shine )3x
Let it shine 3x
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine )3x
Let it shine 3x

No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden,
or under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand,
so that those who come in may see the light.
Luke 11:33

PS. For R.A.B, when I read your comment on my post "Joshua, being the cutest is not important!", the song popped up in my head and inspired me to write this post. Thanks a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment