Thursday, April 23, 2009

Susan Boyle

I was touched when I saw the performance of Susan Boyle in the British Got Talents on a you tube video. I was crying when I saw her singing a song "I dreamed a dream". The lyrics of the song seemed telling us her story of life.

She has a dream to be a professional singer since she was young, but she got many rejections from the producers and even the choir leader. She is a Christian who spent her life taking care of her mom and serving at Church in a village. She joined British Got Talent to reach her dream that she always had in mind.

When the first time she walked out the stage, I could see how the audiences reacted to her. The 47-year old lady wearing out fashioned dress with an untouched hairstyling was judged harshly by her cover. Suddenly, all of this was gone when the voice of an angel took them over.

It's such an amazing lesson to us not to judge a book by its cover. Everyone was laughed at her, but she gave an extraordinary performance. Her beautiful voice and the orchestra melody made me couldn't stop my tears...It's was sung from the heart, the heart which was dreaming, that's why it's was totally wonderful. Imagine a village lady living alone suddenly become so famous around the world. Susan Boyle, you inspired me with your dream!

Here is the lyrics of I dreamed a dream from Les Miserables:

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
And they turn your dream to shame

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

"The LORD does not look at the things man looks at.
Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the
heart.
1 Samuel 16:7b"

No comments:

Post a Comment